Sunday, March 24, 2019

Dans le Nord chez nos familles d'accueil


Salut! I just arrived home from our day at the village Boulogne Sur Mer. We visited Nausicaa, the biggest aquarium in Europe. There was an incredibly vast variety of different fish and reptiles. The museum also had three exhibits! Now, I'm doing final preparations for the English classes we are teaching tomorrow. It's safe to say, we're all a bit nervous, but I think we will make Rassias proud. A demain! -Ava



We have been at our host families’ houses for 2 days now, and for our final free day of the weekend in Calais we went to the largest aquarium in Europe, Nausicaá. The stay thus far has been very nice, my family has given very generous accommodations to me and been very welcoming. Nausicaá was amazing, even for being the largest aquarium in Europe I did not expect it to be so enormous. They had everything from les réquins (sharks) to crocodiles. I look forward to our time teaching tomorrow!--Lucas A.

Bonjour!  It has been a fun and exciting weekend with our French correspondants in the north of France.   After we arrived, I settled in with my family .  I was treated to dinner with my gracious host.  I went to sleep early and woke up late and caught up on the much-needed sleep.  Breakfast was a simple baguette and berries, which was delicious. I spent the day shopping and catching up with Zoe (my correspondant)  and we also enjoyed a fun game of laser tag or laser game as the French call it.  After, I was able to attend a dinner with many of the teachers, where I continued my French immersion.  The next day, my family and I visited the coast of France where we were able to see the white cliffs of Dover.  I felt so lucky because many days it is hard to see because of fog.  Then we went on a group tour of Nausicáa, the largest aquarium in Europe.  It was quite the sight.  Can’t wait to teach English tomorrow at the school. Bonne nuit!--Margaret S.  
 

Today we visited the aquarium. My favorite part of the museum was at the exhibit where we saw sharks. Although we sometimes fear sharks, these sharks were friendly.  My next favorite part was the sea lion exhibit.  These sea lions were well-trained. We were fortunate to get good views of them swimming and jumping. Overall this was a great day!  --Henry H. 


Bonjour! Today we visited the largest aquarium in all of Europe, Nausicáa.  We saw manta rays, sharks and jelly fish, and also attempted to understand a narration of the ray feeding.  My favorite part was watching the sea lions.  Their intelligence is astounding, and it is fun to compare their elegance in the water with their clumsy behavior on land.  I can’t wait to teach the French kids tomorrow! –Andrew D.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Quelle journée merveilleuse!!!! Wish I was there too! MV

AnnieD said...

Marisa- T'es trop sympa de nous écrire!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing the pictures of the aquarium! I know you will do a wonderful job with your teaching!
Miss Bartow

Rcaragher said...

Love hearing from so many of you. What a team effort- you'll be fabulous in the classroom today! The photos are impressive and fun! So good to see the Poly group with the San Martin students (and also Christelle and Nadege). Can't wait to hear how your foray into teaching went today!!! Thank you for your efforts and energy!

Unknown said...

Great to see so many happy faces.

Unknown said...

Quelle journée!

Unknown said...

(Nicole Schleifer)

Gemma Kwei said...

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful journey with us. I love hearing your updates and seeing the photos.

Unknown said...

J’ai l’impression d’y être aussi! Quelle semaine géniale pour vous tous! Qu’ils continuent d’écrire beaucoup, j’ai hâte de retourner lire vos aventures!

J. Bracker said...

I am glad to see all of you made it safely. Enjoy!

Poly Peru 2019 said...

You all look like you are having a blast. So happy for you to have this experience!