Monday, March 25, 2019

Grace à Rassias, nos cours ont été un grand succès

We just finished a long but very rewarding day of teaching at Saint Martin.  Suffice it to say, I am beyond proud of our group.  They gave the Saint Martin kids all of their energy and joy. So many kids and teachers came up to me to tell me how impressed they were with the Poly assistants d'Anglais' preparation, confidence and maturity and how they wish we could be there longer.  Chapeaux to our group!   Mme. Diederich
Equipe Rassias-Poly in their new Saint Martin sweatshirts

Reflecting on the train heading to Paris, I am remembering the exciting weekend that I enjoyed with my host and the language immersion that has helped me become a better French speaker.  Yesterday, we had the amazing opportunity to teach children from the school English using the Rassias Method®. It was such an amazing experience that I will never forget. I also was able to enjoy a final meal of crepes with my host family with was delicious. As I sit on this train I watch the beautiful countryside go by and I feel sad because we are leaving, but I also am so excited to go to Paris.  --Margaret S

Currently I am packing my bag and preparing for my adventure to Paris. I am very sad to leave Calais. Calais is such a beautiful little town with amazing and kind people. I enjoyed my experience and my host family. I will always remember the magnificent experience of my stay in Calais.--Lily K.


Hello family and friends! Yesterday we spent the day teaching English at Saint-Martin using the Rassias Method®! We used skits, games, lots of pointing and yelling, and “Firework” by Katy Perry to help further the global spread of our beautiful language. We got to witness a French school in action for the first time yesterday, and we have Thoughts. First of all, the cafeteria served French fries for lunch. We were really surprised because we thought that was an Americanization of France. Second, they are all gymnasts! I(Olivia) went to their P.E. class and they were practicing dance performances in which almost all of them featured flips and somersaults. I (Sarah) arrived to this class approximately halfway through (it looked like a bunch of kids hopping around in a really big shed as some kind of massive interpretive dance/performance art piece, but clearly I missed some of the backstory there. These thoughts sound more like vague observations, but trust us, we are usually coherent people. Just not right now, because this morning we awoke at 5:40 to take the train to Paris. And it wasn't even the right train! --Olivia S. & Sarah C.


Our last in Calais was surely one to remember. We spent the the entirety of the day teaching English to kids at the Saint Martin School. Each of us taught 7 classes, each an hour long. We used the Rassias method for teaching. As the day went on, each of us built on our teaching skills. Although the day was tiring, it was filled with lots of fun.

-Willa

Singing and dancing to "Firework"!

Salut! As I prepare to travel to Paris, I am very sad to leave my wonderful host family in Calais. They are incredibly lovely people, and I hope to see them again someday. During our last day in the north, we had the opportunity to teach the younger French kids at the local school, St. Martin. It was an amazing experience for everyone, and one that I will never forget.  -Lucas A.









Bonjour!

We taught children English with the Rassias Method® on Monday in Calais. It was a fun learning and teaching experience. I especially bonded with the little kids in the first two classes. I really enjoyed this experience and I would love to do it again.--Lily K.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

J’en suis si fière! Regardez ces élèves formidables. Vraiment du bon travail là-bas aujourd’hui vous tous! MV

Unknown said...

Fantastic! What a great day!

Unknown said...

Well done! Looking forward to the comments!
NS

L Holmgren said...

Thanks for all the updates. I enjoy hearing about your adventures and look forward to reading more about your teaching experiences.